Here we list some of the most important macroeconomic long term trends that influence our thinking and analysis grouped into economics, technology and geopolitical
Economic long-term trends
1) THE END OF THE DEBT SUPER-CYCLE
The last 50 years which were in comparison to prior periods marked by absence of war allowed for debt taking and debt financing.
The Euro crisis is not longer a topic in the news. But with the European Central bank still engaging in QE and negative interest rates the crisis is far from over.
3) THE DECLINING SPENDING POWER OF THE MIDDLE CLASSES
4) THE RISE OF THE EAST
5) MEAN REVERSION OF WEALTH-TO-GDP
1) THE END OF B2C TECH DOMINANCE
2) TESTING OF REAL TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION AT THE END OF THIS VC CYCLE.
1) THE END OF BRETTON WOODS AND A NEW ERA OF GEOPOLITICAL RISK.
This will affect especially Germany as the leading export nation.